Friday, April 29, 2011

The IllumiKnife



Miniaturists are always on the look out for tools to make building and decorating dollhouses a little easier. I have found one such tool that will aid in trimming wallpaper around doors and windows in those dark tight spaces often found in dollhouse rooms.

As a dollhouse shop owner, I also do build and remodel dollhouses for customers. Occasionally, visitors to the shop will peak into my workshop and watch the process. Recently, I was approached by one of the designers of this tool after he noticed me struggling with a light and a knife trying to trim and remove excess wallpaper from a deep dark dollhouse room.

The Illumiknife is the perfect tool for precision cuts! This lighted utility craft knife features LED technology with a 40-year lamp life, uses industry standard blades, and lights with a touch (no switches or buttons). Made in the USA. Knife comes complete with one standard blade and 1 replaceable battery. Perfect for trimming wallpaper and getting into those hard to reach and see dollhouse corners where you need to make a clean cut!

I'm impressed with this tool, however, we have lost contact with the manufacturer and have been unable to find them for some time.  Should you locate the manufacturer, please let me know!

No comments: